276 Calories Per Serving
- 400ml/14fl oz cold water
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated peeled root ginger
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon stock powder
- 75g/3oz tenderstem broccoli stalks, washed
- 100g/3½oz baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1 free-range egg white (for women) or 2 (for men), lightly beaten (save the yolk(s) for another recipe)
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 pinch of cracked black pepper
- 1 slice of dark rye bread
- ½ avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
1. Bring the water to the boil in a medium pan, add the ginger and bouillon powder, turn the heat down and simmer for 3 minutes.
2. Add the broccoli stems and baby spinach and, stirring in a clockwise circular motion, gently pour in the beaten egg white(s) – you will see a flower pattern emerge.
3. Season with the rapeseed oil, sesame oil, sea salt and black pepper.
4. Toast the rye bread and spread with the avocado, then eat immediately with the soup.
For more recipes from Eat Clean: Wok Yourself to Health by Ching-He Huang (published by Harper Thorsons, photography by Myles New, click here)