Be informed about what you’re putting into that morning smoothie with PopSugar’s easy-to-follow guide. From fruit, to base, to thickeners it has all you need to judge just how ‘healthy’ your health drink really is... Find some easy recipe combos below and for the full guide click here.
- One cup kale, 1/4 avocado, one cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/4 cup rolled oats, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 cup crushed ice = 239 calories, 0.9 grams of sugar, 7.6 grams of protein.
- One cup spinach, 1/4 avocado, one cup unsweetened almond milk, one tablespoon nut butter, one tablespoon cacao nibs, 1/2 cup crushed ice = 381 calories, 1.4 grams of sugar, 10.2 grams of protein.
- One cup spinach, one cup raspberries, one cup unsweetened rice milk, one cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup crushed ice = 316 calories, 6.3 grams of sugar, 34 grams of protein.
- One cup raspberries, 1/4 avocado, one cup unsweetened coconut milk, one teaspoon ginger, one tablespoon lime juice, 1/2 cup crushed ice = 225 calories, 6.9 grams of sugar, 3.5 grams of protein.
- One cup kale, one cup strawberries, one cup unsweetened soy milk, 1/8 cup almonds, one serving spirulina = 228 calories, 8.6 grams of sugar, 12.5 grams of protein.