Naturally gluten-free, grain-free and nut-free, coconut flour is one of the healthiest on the market and can be used in a surprising number of recipes.
From sweet treats like gooey paleo-friendly cinnamon rolls and sticky strawberry donuts to lighter takes on breads and wraps (tortilla and vegetable loaf, we mean you), browse our selection of dishes that harness the natural goodness of coconut flour.
Still not convinced to try? Read on for five reasons why you should trade in your regular bag of flour for this alternative.
1. It’s one of the healthiest flours around. Grain flour, like wheat, barley and spelt, contain gluten which is difficult to digest and are often inflammatory due to the carbohydrate load. Because coconut flour isn’t a grain-based flour, it’s non-inflammatory and low in carbs.
2. Coconut flour is packed with healthy fats which have been shown to improve metabolism and are used for energy, not stored in fat tissue.
3. It is high in fibre – this provides a satiating effect to coconut flour baked goods that help keep you feeling fuller for longer.
4. A little goes a long way – coconut flour may seem a little pricey, but you only need a tiny amount to make some of the scummiest treats.
5. And...It’s naturally sweet so when you’re baking cakes you don’t need to add as much sugar.