Time To Prepare: 20 Minutes, Time To Cook: 15 Minutes
Nutritional Information: Calories: 489, Fat: 28g, Carbohydrates: 23g, Salt: 1.1g, Protein: 38g, Sugar: 12g
- 1½ tablespoons virgin coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 225g lean pork mince
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 11∕2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 35g spring onions, green and white parts, diced
- 2 large daikon radishes, peeled, spiralized with BLADE C OR BLADE D, then riced and drained
- 1∕2 teaspoon gochugaru or chilli powder
- 1∕2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 120g fresh spinach
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium eggs
- 1∕2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 medium cucumber, spiralized with BLADE C and patted dry
1. Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add ½ tablespoon coconut oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the pork and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Add the soy sauce and 1 tablespoon garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the pork is browned. Transfer to a bowl and cover.
2. In the same frying pan, over a medium heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the ginger and remaining ½ teaspoon garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in the spring onions and daikon rice. Cook for 1 minute or until the rice begins to turn light brown, then sprinkle on the gochugaru. Stir to combine and cook for about 5 minutes to heat the daikon rice through, stirring frequently. Transfer to a bowl and cover.
3. In the same frying pan, heat the sesame oil over a medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the spinach and cook until wilted, tossing frequently, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
4. Return the frying pan to a medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Crack in the eggs and cook without stirring for 3–5 minutes or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still runny.
5. Evenly divide the daikon rice, pork, spinach, and cucumber noodles between two bowls. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the spinach. Top each bowl with a fried egg and serve immediately.
For more recipes from Inspiralized: Turn Vegetables Into Healthy, Creative, Satisfying Meals by Ali Maffuci (Clarkson Potter Publishers, £12.99) click here.