For the Filling:
- 70g (2.oz) cooked king prawns (shrimp), pork loin or chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 3 spring onions (scallions), finely sliced
- ½ baby gem (Boston) lettuce, shredded
- 50g (1 ¾ oz) cucumber, peeled and grated
- 5g (⅛oz) coriander (cilantro) leaves, shredded
- 6 sheets Vietnamese rice paper wraps, rehydrated
For the sauce:
- 8 lychees, skinned and stoned
- 1cm (1/2 in) cube root ginger
- 1cm (1/2 in) piece lemongrass
- ¼ tsp dried chilli (red pepper) flakes
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
- Juice of ½ lime
1. First, prepare the ingredients and then divide into 6 equal portions.
2. Lay each paper wrap on a plate. Add a portion of each ingredient to the middle of each wrap and roll these up into a mini burrito-style wrap.
3. Then, make the sauce. Using a beaker and hand-held blender, blitz all of the ingredients until smooth. Transfer into a ramekin or shallow dish.
4. Serve 3 paper rolls per portion with the dipping sauce.
For more recipes from Fitness Gourmet: Delicious Recipes For Peak Performance by Christian Coates (Jacqui Small LLP, £25) click here.