- 60g hazelnuts
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 4 pieces of salmon fillet, 110–130g each
- 300g green beans
- 200g rocket leaves
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your grill to medium. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Crush half the hazelnuts using a pestle and mortar, then tip into a small mixing bowl. Add the rapeseed oil and orange zest and stir to mix.
3. Remove the skin from your salmon fillets and place them on the baking tray. Grill them for 6 minutes. Turn the fillets over and cover with the crushed hazelnut mixture, then grill for a further 4 minutes. Remove the salmon from the grill and leave to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil. Drop in the green beans and blanch for no more than 1 minute. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process and keep them bright green. Place the beans in a bowl and add the rocket leaves, orange juice and some salt and pepper.
5. Next add the tomatoes to the salad, one at a time: place between your thumb and forefinger and squeeze the tomato so that it rips apart and the juice oozes out. Add the halved orange segments and toss everything gently together.
6. Set a frying pan on a medium heat and add the rest of the hazelnuts. Toast for 3–4 minutes until lightly browned; keep swirling the nuts in the pan to ensure they brown evenly and don’t burn. Add these to the salad and mix through.
7. Serve the salmon fillets with the salad on the side.
For more recipes from The Detox Kitchen Bible by Lily Simpson and Rob Hobson (Bloomsbury Publishing, £25) click here