For many it many seem counterintuitive, but cleansing your face with oil is actually highly beneficial for skin, even if you suffer from breakouts. not convinced? Here are five bona fide reasons why you should be swapping your usual cleanser for an oil-based version, plus an edit of the products to take the plunge with.
1. Oils come filled with antioxidants, vitamins, and other anti-inflammatory goodness that will dissolve pore-clogging oil produced by your face.
2. They work on all skin types, even on those with oily or acne-prone skin, who tend to dry out their face with harsh foaming cleansers, causing the skin to overcompensate for the dryness by producing more oil, resulting in spots.
3. You can use them as a facial cleanser and a makeup remover all-in-one. One of the most effective ways to remove there-to-stay makeup products, from lip stains to waterproof mascara, simply slick some over the eyes and face, soak a towel or muslin in warm water and gently press to your visage to melt the grime away.
4. You might not need a moisturiser if you’re oil cleansing. If your skin feels hydrated after cleaning your face with oil, you probably don’t need to add anything more to your face, other than SPF protection.
5. And…Since it has mild, natural properties, it won’t cause irritation or an extreme reaction the way that some harsher products can. Result.