- 1 lb (455 g) prawns (jumbo shrimp), peeled and deveined
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup (100 g) onion, diced
- 1 (28 oz [795 g]) can organic stewed tomatoes
- ¼ cup (70 g) organic tomato paste
- 20 Kalamata olives, sliced
- ¼ cup (35 g) capers
- 3 tbsp (15 g) fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 medium zucchini, spiral sliced (680g)
1. Sprinkle the pawns with sea salt and black pepper.
2. In a large saucepot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and onion. Cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
3. Add the stewed tomatoes to the pot and mash. Mix in the tomato paste, Kalamata olives, capers, parsley and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce the heat to low, to simmer.
4. Add the seasoned prawns and zucchini noodles to the sauce. Let simmer until the prawns are cooked and the zucchini noodles are tender. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
For more recipes from The Primal Low Carb Kitchen: Comford Food Recipes For The Carb Conscious Cook by Kyndra Holley (Page Street Publishing, £13.03) click here