Whether you’re getting ready to bare all in a bikini, prepping for a big summer wedding or simply hoping to firm up any hint of dreaded bingo wings, we have the perfect solution: three easy, yet effective, arm toning exercises from celebrity trainer and Heartcore founder Jess Schuring.
Having helped the likes of Victoria Beckham and Claudia Schiffer hone their physiques, and launched her highly popular London-based gym chain, the fitness expert knows exactly what it takes to get us in the best shape possible this summer.
Read on for Jess’s top three arm toning exercises you can do at home.
Wide grip push-up
1. Kneeling on the floor, push-up with your hands slightly turned in and your elbows facing sideways.
2. Make sure your chest comes all the way down to your hands.
3. Exhale as you press back up equally through both palms of your hands.
4. For the last 15 seconds, hold the position half-way and lift/lower an inch, in a slow and controlled way.
Top Tip: Remember to keep your focus on the chest, shoulders and arms.
Tricep extensions into dips
1. Sit on the floor with your hands close to your hips and fingers facing forwards.
2. Lift your hips up off the floor, and repeat.
Top Tip: Keep your focus on your triceps, shoulders and back.
Static wide-stance squat with bicep extensions
1. Get into a deep, wide-stance squat with your feet slightly turned out and your hips almost at knee level.
2. Keep your upper body upright with abdominals engaged.
3. Hold a pair of dumbbells, face up, resting in the palms of your hands.
4. Roll your shoulders back and down with your elbows at waistline level.
5. Extend your arms outwards to the side, focusing on bringing your elbows forward and keeping shoulders retracted and externally rotated. Fully extend the elbows, and from here, bend your elbows three inches and extend again.
Top Tip: Keep breathing continuous and focus on your glutes, thighs, biceps and shoulders.