- 250g wild rice
- 100g cacao. Try Venezuelan Black, Las Trincheras 100% cacao
- 900ml water
- Small pinch of sea salt
For The Dressing:
- 200ml olive oil
- 40ml red wine vinegar
- 40ml pomegranate molasses
- 200g vine cherry tomatoes
- 400g butter beans
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 150g baby leaves like beetroot, spinach, pea shoots
1. Put the cacao and salt into the water, bring to the boil then add the rice and simmer for 40 minutes until cooked and the water has evaporated and you are left with sticky rice.
2. Meanwhile roast the tomatoes in the oven lightly covered with olive oil and sea salt for 15 minutes at 200 degrees centigrade.
3. Combine dressing then pour ¾ of it into the cooked cacao rice and stir through.
4. Take the roasted tomatoes off the vine and stir them, the butter beans and half the pomegranate seeds into the rice.
5. Dress the leaves with the remaining dressing, then arrange them on top of the rice. Sprinkle over the remaining pomegranate seeds.
For more information, recipe inspiration or to purchase please visit WilliesCacao.com