1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp coconut vinegar or balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachio nuts
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to low.
2. Simmer for 15 minutes or until water has been completely absorbed and quinoa is tender.
3. Fluff with a fork,let stand for 5 minutes and transfer to a salad bowl. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
5. Sauté onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
6. Add onion mixture, cherries, pistachios and parsley to quinoa and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For more recipes from Coconut 24/7 by Pat Crocker, click here.