Prep time 10 mins | Cooking time 30 mins
- 6 large eggs
- 380g coconut sugar crystals
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 380g sweetened shredded coconut, fresh or dried
- 64g cup dried cherries
- 64g cup large-flake rolled oats 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and lightly oil or grease a 9 x 13-inch baking tray.
2. In a bowl, using a hand-held or electric mixer, beat the eggs.
3. Add sugar crystals and vanilla and beat until smooth. Stir in the shredded coconut, cherries, oats, flour and salt.
4. Press into the prepared pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until set and golden.
5. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Cut into two-inch squares and transfer to a plate to cool completely.
6. Squares will keep in an airtight container for three days at room temperature and up to five days in the fridge.
Recipe taken from Coconut 24/7 by Pat Crocker.