- 1 cup farro, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts, sliced
- 1 tbsp Polynesian spice Blend (page140) or Garam Masala spice Blend (page 137)
- 2 cups chopped kale or spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a saucepan, combine farro with 2-1/2 cups water and 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the farro is tender. Remove from heat and set aside for 3 minutes.
3. Fluff with a fork. In a wok or skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
4. Add leeks and spice blend and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes or until tender-crisp.
5. Add cooked farro, kale, red peppers, artichoke hearts and aminos and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until the leeks are tender and the farro and vegetables are heated through.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For more recipes from Coconut 24/7 by Pat Crocker, click here.