1. Some friends and I spent a rosé-induced, warm summer evening at ME – London’s rooftop Radio Bar the other day. If you can get through to book a table or aren’t put off by queue and are after some fun then you’ll probably enjoy it, too. Expect Ibiza-style sofas, patio heaters, Funky House tunes and some late night moves.
2. SL’s reader events are going from strength to strength, and giving up weekday evenings to meet our readers is a pleasure. Two weeks ago – on the hottest day of the year – we ran a hair event at Jo Hansford in Mayfair. I was treated to an overdue trim and blow-dry before we got started, but I was feeling hot and sticky and the trim turned into a chop. Cue the long bob…. I wouldn’t say it is low-maintenance but I’m liking the change.
3. Last week’s reader event kicked off our ‘SheerLuxe In Conversation With’ series. Gorgeous blogger Lucy Williams of Fashion Me Now (one of the UK’s most successful blogs) was first up, in front of an audience of 70 at the Kensington Hotel’s smart new Town House. Nerves aside, it was an awesome evening and Lucy was a lovely guest. You can watch the interview and hear all about Lucy’s blogging career and lifestyle, here.
4. I have always thought a lack of budget to invest in a masterpiece made real art a bit beyond me, and then I discovered Rise Art… an online marketplace to help you discover affordable art – from paintings and prints to sculptures and photographs – from talented independent artists. The team there asked me to do a quick Q&A as well as curate my picks, and in the process, I have fallen head-over-heels for Corinne Natel’s and Kristin Gaudio-Endsley’s work. With prices starting at £200, I might have actually reached the age where I prioritise a painting over a new pair of shoes. You can read my Q&A here.
5. Designer Zoe Jordan has killed it with her Knit Lab collection of cold-shoulder and cut-out knits. The super cool jumpers have been spotted on everyone from Poppy Delevingne to Caroline Stanbury and I am all over mine.... I just need to decide which colour next?
6. You might have seen the round-up we ran on some of the hottest bikini brands around. I arrived back from holiday to find a stunning Asceno, formerly Beautiful Bottoms, bikini sitting on my desk. Swimwear is one of those things we’re often a bit loathed to spend money on, but a friend once convinced me of the benefit of investing in it, and the two Eres bikinis I bought for my honeymoon nine years ago are still going strong.