For the red pepper dressing:
5g chopped red chilli
1 piece red pepper (Grilled and skin off)
1 tbsp sea salt
100ml rice vinegar
120 ml grapeseed oil
Freshly ground black pepper
For the paper thin salad:
1 purple carrot
1 yellow carrot
2 baby courgettes
2 baby turnips
1 red onion
2 baby beetroots
Bowlful ice water
1. In a food processer, process the chilli, pepper, salt, and vinegar until well mixed and the chilli is finely chopped.
2. Slowly add the grapeseed oil and process until well blended.
3. Keeping the beetroots to one side, slice the vegetables lengthways very thinly (about 1mm thick) on a mandolin grater into a bowl of iced water. Leave them in the iced water for 1 hour; this will cause them to tighten up and become crunchy.
4. Repeat the same process with the beetroot, but place the slice in a separate bowl of water, to stop the colour running into the other vegetables, and rinse until water becomes clear, then add some ice to chill.
5. Next, drain the vegetables and beetroot and then mix them together.
6. To serve, cover the base of your serving dish with the red pepper dressing and place the vegetable salad in the centre on top – arrange as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Nobu London Head Chef Hideki Maeda