1) We have featured Tibi’s off-the-shoulder tops like crazy this season; not only because they sell like crazy but also because they’ve influenced just about every high street brand under the sun. Tibi have just launched a new, longer version of the best-selling style in several colours on NET-A-PORTER which is a great length for covering thighs, lumps and bumps. But, if the price tag is prohibitive then Zara is, as usual, not to be overlooked for their take that comes in at £29.99.
2) Following the white Zara theme is this top I picked up last week. Unlike every other top in store, it isn’t off-the-shoulder but it is a really nice length over leather leggings or similar, as I was wearing here.
3) My absolute favourite nail colour has, for years, been a coral red only available in the US, and when I ran out of supplies last month it was a sad moment. The closest I can find, which happens to be Olivia Palermo’s go-to also, is Essie’s Fifth Avenue and I’ve worn nothing but it ever since.
4) I came across new brand Saint Luke not long ago and their cool and practical canvas bags caught my attention instantly. Available in three colours and three sizes, it is the kind of travel essential you’ll wonder how you lived without. Whether it’s a night away, a day’s sailing, picnic in the park or a trip to the beach, sometimes you just need something big enough and robust enough in which to throw it all in. I know next week in Norfolk it will come into its own.
5) On a rare and much needed quiet night in last weekend I came across the documentary, The Director on Netflix. If you’re into the business of fashion then I’d urge you to watch this intimate film about Gucci’s Creative Director Frida Giannini. The Director spans 18 months behind the scenes of the iconic fashion house exploring the character and inspiration behind this quietly brilliant power-woman.
6) One of the best parts of my job is meeting new entrepreneurs. I met a lovely girl the other day who has been a SheerLuxe reader for years and is a banker turned entrepreneur. You will probably have seen Cozies – her new sleepwear brand – all over SheerLuxe. With so many new launches virtually daily, it is always a joy to come across ones that have found an untapped gap in the market (in this case for stylish, grown-up and affordable sleepwear) and are delivering a spot-on product which is beautifully presented from the photography to the packaging. I have the Hattie jumpsuit and Gracie gown (both feature a gorgeous mesh-edge detail) and I can honestly say it is now all I want to put on after work.
7) On the subject of entrepreneurs I am mega excited to have announced our Women’s Entrepreneurs Event taking place on Saturday 3rd October at Grace Belgravia. We have the most brilliant line up of successful female entrepreneurs (12 of them) talking about their journeys and sharing advice on everything from social media, PR and marketing to getting your product right, making money from websites, fundraising and lots more. If you are keen to start your own business or are in the early days of having done so then we really hope to meet you on the 3rd! We will be announcing the full line-up very soon, but speakers include Maria Hatzistefanis, the founder of beauty empire Rodial, and Fanny Moizant, the founder of Vestiaire Collective – the world’s most successful resale fashion business.
P.S. To go with my new hair I now own a GHD wand. I had thought straighteners were sufficient for a beachy wave but after several SheerLuxe hair reader events I now truly appreciate the benefit of a wand. Not least because they are dead easy to use…