230 calories per serving
- 4 courgettes
- A pinch of flaked sea salt
- 8 large vine tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts, to garnish
1. Using a julienne peeler/cutter, cut the unpeeled courgettes into long, spaghetti-like strips (stop when you get to the soft seeded centre). Mix with the sea salt and set aside.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil. Score a cross on the base of each tomato and place in the pan. Boil for 20–30 seconds, then immediately transfer to a bowl of cold water. Peel off the skin.
3. Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds, then finely chop the flesh. Mix with the basil, oil, garlic and salt to taste in a non-stick saucepan.
4. Heat the tomato sauce gently for 2–3 minutes. Add the courgette spaghetti and heat for a further 1–2 minutes. Serve immediately, topped with the toasted pine nuts.
Rich in Vitamins B6, C and E • Folate • Potassium • Iron • Magnesium • lycopene • Fibre
For more recipes The Detox Kitchen Bible by Lily Simpson And Rob Hobson, £17.50 (Bloomsbury Publishing) click here.