Rebel brides, take note. If the idea of wearing a meringue-style dress to your wedding gives you the chills, then take a peek at House of Ollichon.
The first dress-less bridal collection to hit the UK, it offers both brides and bridesmaids the chance to don luxury jumpsuits, playsuits and tailored separates – think pleated skirts and lace crop tops – ideal for the fashion-forward dresser.
Handmade in England, the chic range is perfect for those who find dresses too much fuss (after all, they are pretty hard to dance in), want to say ‘I do’ at the registry office instead of the church or are after alternative options for their bridesmaids.We spoke to founder and designer of the brand Hannah Ollichon, who gave us some expert tips on how to rock an alternative wedding look on your big day.
1. A bridal jumpsuit is a bold look but can look effortlessly cool if done right. Be sure to cinch in your waist, no matter what size you are. There's a lot of fabric in a jumpsuit so it's good to break it up.
2. Wear a shorter hemline and show off your wedding shoes. The Le Fay Skirt in delicate lace will add a touch of vintage glam to a modern day bride's look.
3. The two piece combo worked for Olivia Palermo, and we saw it all over this season's bridal catwalks so it's definitely a look that's here to stay.
4. If you don’t want a long veil, try a beautiful birdcage veil or delicate headpiece to make your outfit even more bridal and bespoke to you.
5. If an intricate design isn’t for you, go classic and simple and add some bold jewels around the neckline or wrist to inject your own style into your big day look.