- 215 g (71/2 oz/11/2 cups) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 organic eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 150 g (51/2 oz) goat’s cheese
- Celtic sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin coconut oil, for frying
- lemon cheeks, to serve
1. Place the peas in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add the ginger, parsley, eggs, lemon zest, tamari, coconut flour and goat’s cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over low heat. Making several pancakes at a time, spoon the batter into the pan in 60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) quantities. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the batter has set and is bubbling, then carefully flip the pancakes and cook on the other side for a minute or two, or until browned to your liking.
3. Remove from the pan and keep warm while you cook the rest. Repeat with the remaining coconut oil and batter until all the batter is cooked.
4. Serve with lemon cheeks. If you would like to serve them for lunch, add some leafy greens or steamed vegetables.
For more recipes from Supercharged Food, Eat, Clean and Vegetarian by Lee Holmes (Murdoch Books, £14.99) click here.