- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 115 g (4 oz/1 cup) bean sprouts
- 60 g (21/4 oz oz/1/2 cup) chopped green beans
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), seeds and membrane removed, chopped
- 1 green capsicum (pepper), seeds and membrane removed, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 large piece of ginger, finely grated
- 270 g (91/2 oz/1 cup) cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Celtic sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 chilled iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3–4 spring onions (scallions), chopped
1. Heat the sesame oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat and add the bean sprouts, green beans, carrot, capsicum, celery, chilli, garlic and ginger.
2. Stir-fry for 7–10 minutes or until slightly browned. Add the quinoa, apple cider vinegar, tamari and lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Remove from the heat and spoon the mixture into the lettuce. Garnish with the coriander leaves, toasted sesame seeds and spring onions and enjoy.
For more recipes from Supercharged Food, Eat, Clean and Vegetarian by Lee Holmes (Murdoch Books, £14.99) click here.