These tasty burgers have a little chilli kick, are quick to prepare and ideal to pop into a sealable container and take to work for lunch.
- 300g of turkey mince
- 4 spring onions, 2 finely chopped, 2 sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, plus extra slices
- A small chunk of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- ¼ of a bunch of fresh coriander, leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads
- 30g of watercress
- 1 tomato, sliced (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the turkey mince, chopped spring onion, chopped chilli, ginger, egg yolk and most of the coriander until fully combined, then use your hands to form two burger patties.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat until melted. Fry the burgers for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Toast the pitta breads and carefully slice open. Stuff with the watercress and place a burger in each. Finish with the sliced chilli, remaining coriander, sliced spring onion and sliced tomato, if using.
Recipe courtesy of Eat Well Every Day by Alice Liveing (Harper Thorsons, £14.99)