A quick supper to whip up, this is a healthier take on the popular Italian dish, but it still retains all the delicious flavour. For a more filling alternative you can swap the courgetti for brown rice pasta.
- 80g/23/4 oz of pancetta
- 1–2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 40g/11/2 oz of Greek yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 30g/1oz of Parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp of finely chopped parsley
- 2–3 courgettes (zucchini), either spiralized or cut lengthways into very fine shreds
- Lucy Bee Himalayan salt
- Ground black pepper
- Add the pancetta to a deep frying pan and lightly sauté over a medium heat until cooked, then add the garlic and cook until golden.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Put the yoghurt, eggs, 20g/3/4 oz of the Parmesan and the parsley in a bowl and, using a hand-held whisk, mix together.
- Place the pan with pancetta back over a low heat, add the courgettes, mix and cook for one minute before stirring in the egg mixture.
- Combine well and serve with the remaining grated Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste
Recipe courtesy of Coconut Oil: Recipes for Real Life by Lucy Bee (Quadrille, £15) Photography by Dan Jones