A quick and healthy, but really tasty, breakfast. The chia seeds will fill you up as they're a good source of protein and fibre, but the compote will satisfy a sweet tooth in the morning.
For the chia pots:
- 2 tbsps of chia seeds
- 250ml milk of your choice
- 10g of pumpkin seeds
- 20g of diced dried apricot
- 20g of golden raisins or cranberries
- 1 grated apple, skin on
- Honey/maple syrup to taste
- 2 tbsps of Greek yoghurt
- 10g of pistachios - chopped
For the berry compote:
- 1 tbsp of fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp of fresh raspberries
- The night before, mix the chia seeds in a bowl with all the ingredients apart from the yoghurt and pistachios. Cover and leave to soak overnight in the fridge.
- For the berry compote, crush the berries in a bowl with a fork until they start to release juices. Cover and put in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, stir the chia seed mix and taste for sweetness. If necessary add a little more honey or maple syrup. Spoon into glasses or bowls. Jam jars work well if you need to eat your breakfast on the go.
- Top with a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt, the berry compote and a sprinkle of pistachios.
Recipe courtesy of Imogen Krupski, photography by Amelia Johnson Photography, prop and food styling by Vicki Smallwood