One-pot dishes aren’t just for the colder autumn and winter months, this recipe for white beans and spring greens is light and packed full of fresh, spring flavours.
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed, plus ½ clove, to serve
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 200ml of vegetable stock
- 400g can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp of chopped rosemary leaves, plus a pinch extra
- 150g of spring greens, shredded
- 4 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and fry for 3 minutes until soft, then add the crushed garlic and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes until thick.
- Add the cannellini beans and rosemary, and season.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then add the spring greens and cook until tender, adding a splash more stock if it needs it.
- Rub the sourdough toasts with the garlic clove half, sprinkle with a little more chopped rosemary and serve with the stew.
Recipe courtesy of Olive: 100 of the Very Best Quick Healthy Meals, (Orion Books, £8.99)