A quick and healthy dinner, this courgetti dish is a balance of simple but delicious flavours and the prawns are a good source of omega-3s, essential fatty acids that our bodies don't naturally produce.
- 4–5 tbsps of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Pinch of Espelette pepper
- 20 peeled raw prawns (shrimp)
- 5 courgettes (zucchini)
- 125g (4½ oz) of cherry tomatoes, halved
- A few basil leaves
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 finely chopped garlic clove, the lemon zest, a pinch of Espelette pepper and a pinch of salt. Pour over the prawns and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the courgettes using a julienne peeler or a spiralizer.
- Finely chop the remaining garlic cloves. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan (skillet). Sauté the courgette spaghetti with the garlic for 2 minutes over a high heat. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Sauté the prawns for a few minutes in the same pan. Set aside. Add some more oil to the pan if necessary and stir-fry the cherry tomatoes until golden, then deglaze with the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Return everything to the pan and reheat quickly. Serve with the basil leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Super Spiralized by Orathay Souksisavanh & Vania Nikolcic, photography © Charlotte Lascève (Hardie Grant, £7.99)