A great way to use any leftover veggies, you can switch up the ingredients based on what you have to hand but if you want to make a rainbow, use the ingredients below. Ideal for a barbecue in the summer, but if you're using wooden skewers, remember to soak them in water before threading on the veggies to prevent them catching fire.
For The Marinade:
- 30ml (1 fl oz) of avocado oil
- 30ml (1 fl oz) pf balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp of harissa paste
- Sea salt and freshly gorund black pepper
For The Kebabs:
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1‒2 orange (bell) peppers, cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) squares
- 8 apricots or other stoned fruits, halved and the stone removed
- 1 or 2 large courgettes (zucchini), cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) pieces
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into quarters and then each quarter in half
- 8 small brown mushrooms
- 8 small radishes
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add the vegetables and toss so that they are evenly coated in marinade. Leave for half an hour or overnight.
- Preheat the barbecue or chargrill pan.
- Thread the veggies onto 8 skewers. Place on the barbecue or pan for 5 minutes or until the underside is blackened, then turn and cook the other side for another 5 minutes or until it begins to go black.
- Serve alone or on a bed of greens or grains, plain or drizzled with balsamic glaze and pomegranate seeds, with hummus or pesto or both.
Recipe courtesy of Vegan Goodness by Jessica Prescott, photography by Jessica Prescott (Hardie Grant, £15)