High in vitamins, minerals and healthy fats, this avocado and tomato gazpacho is ideal for a light lunch or served up as part of a lazy afternoon spread. Plus, with only two steps, you can have it on the table in a flash.
- 600g (3 cups) of tinned plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 red (bell) pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and stoned
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes (red pepper flakes)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put all the ingredients, except for half the avocado, the olive oil and the chilli flakes, in a food processor or blender with 40ml (2 1⁄2 tablespoons) of water.
- Blend until fairly smooth and then add the olive oil. Blend again until smooth, tasting to check the seasoning.
- Serve in bowls with the remaining avocado chopped and sprinkled on top, or in slices on the side, with the chilli flakes.
Recipe courtesy of Superfoods Superfast by Julie Montagu (Quadrille, £18.99)