A quick and healthy answer to a takeaway, the thick texture of this soup makes it a hearty meal. Plus, mangetout contains 128% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C per cup, helpng the body develop resistance against infection.
- 500ml (2 cups & 2 tbsps) at vegetable stock
- 2.5cm (1inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 150g (51⁄2 oz) of uncooked soba noodles
- 60g (1 cup) of fresh beansprouts, plus a few extra to garnish
- 60g (small handful) of mangetout, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes (red pepper flakes)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lime, to garnish
- Bring the vegetable stock, ginger and garlic to the boil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat before adding the noodles and lowering the heat to a simmer.
- Stir the noodles and then add in the beansprouts and mangetout. Continue to stir until you can see that the noodles are thoroughly cooked. Squeeze in the lime juice and chilli flakes and season to taste.
- Stir again before removing from the heat and serving in bowls, garnished with a few more beansprouts and lime zest, if using.
Recipe courtesy of Superfoods Superfast: 100 Energizing Recipes To Make In 20 Minutes Or Less by Julie Montagu (Quadrille, £18.99)