Total Time: 1 Hour
- 400ml of boiling water
- 80g of millet
- 1 lemon
- 140g of asparagus
- 2 x 150g salmon fillets
- Olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 60g of spinach
- 2 dried nori sheets
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Heat a saucepan, then pour in the millet and toast it for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in the boiling water, reduce the heat, then cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice half the lemon and cut the slices into half-moons. Trim the asparagus.
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking tray, layer over the lemon slices and drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil over each fillet. Place the asparagus alongside, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of oil and season with black pepper. Place the salmon in the oven for 12–15 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Bring another saucepan of water to a gentle simmer. Create a whirlpool in the pan with a spoon, then carefully break the eggs into the middle, one at a time. Cook for 3–4 minutes, until the whites are cooked, then remove from the pan.
- Once the millet is cooked, stir in the spinach for 2–3 minutes, until wilted, then drain and stir in the juice of the remaining lemon half. Break up the nori sheets and place on a serving plate.
- Spoon the spinach millet onto plates, place a salmon fillet on top, and sprinkle over the nori, crumbling it if you want smaller pieces. Serve with the asparagus, topped with the poached egg and a sprinkle of salt.