This warm salad combines delicious Jersey Royals with south-east Asian flavours for a dish you can rustle up in no time.
- 225g of Jersey Royal potatoes
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 125g of shredded, cooked roast duck or chicken meat
- 1 pak choi, cut in strips
- 1 large carrot, cut in julienne strips
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (leave the seeds in if you like it hot)
For The Seaweed Salad:
- 15g of dried mixed seaweed
- 2 tsp of white miso
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of mirin
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt and the Jersey Royal potatoes and boil for 10-15 minutes. Drain, run under cold water and when cool enough to handle dice and drizzle over the rice vinegar.
- To make the seaweed salad, rehydrate the seaweed according to the pack instructions or by soaking in cold water for around 10 minutes, then drain. Combine all the dressing ingredients except the sesame seeds and pour half of it over the seaweed, stirring to mix. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and set aside.
- Whilst the potatoes cook, bring a pan of water to the boil for the eggs. Carefully add the eggs and cook for 6 minutes for a soft yolk centre, leave for longer if you prefer a firmer texture. Remove to cold water until cool enough to handle then peel and halve.
- Gently warm the duck or chicken meat in the microwave or in a pan with a little water.
- To serve, combine the potatoes, carrot and pak choi on a serving plate. Top with the duck and a large spoonful of seaweed salad. Add the egg and drizzle over the remaining salad dressing. Scatter some chilli and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Jersey Royals