If you're looking for a healthy, filling and tasty alternative to your usual avocado on toast, these fritters pack in the veggies and are sure to keep you going till your next meal. You just need to perfect you egg poaching technique for the finishing touch.
- 4 courgettes, grated
- 4 tbsp of gluten-free self-raising flour
- 40g (11/2oz) of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the grated courgette, flour and grated Parmesan in a bowl and mix together well. Squeeze chunks of the mixture into walnut-sized balls and then gently flatten them into patties.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and, working in batches if necessary, fry the fritters for 2–3 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a gentle simmer and stir with a large spoon to create a swirl. Carefully break 2 eggs into the water and cook for 3 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Serve the fritters topped with the poached eggs and sprinkled with black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of The Low-FODMAP Recipe Book by Lucy Whigham (Aster, £14.99)