Aubergines are in season at the moment and this smokey, spicy stew is how to make the most of them. An easy weekday supper to whip up in under 30 minutes, make a large batch and save for lunch the next day with some bread to dip in the sauce.
- 4 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 750g (1lb 10oz) of baby aubergines, thinly sliced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp of harissa paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the aubergines.
- Fry over high heat for 2–3 minutes, then add the tomatoes, cinnamon, coriander and harissa.
- Stir-fry for 3–4 minutes or until the aubergines are tender.
- Season to taste and serve with basmati rice.
Recipe courtesy of The Low FODMAP Recipe Book by Lucy Whigham (Aster, £14.99)