For a breakfast that's healthy, satiating and tastes as good as it looks, you can't go wrong with a smoothie bowl. This supercharged smoothie is packed with nutrients and makes a great start to the day, use whatever fruits you have to hand and change the toppings according to your taste.
- 10 blueberries
- 10 strawberries
- 10 blackberries
- 3 tbsp of natural yoghurt
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Maple syrup or other sweetener to serve
For The Toppings:
- 2 tbsp of granola or muesli
- Assorted fresh fruit, such as bananas, strawberries, mango and blueberries
- 2 tsp of chia seeds
- 4 tsp of coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
- Whizz the berries and yoghurt in a blender to produce a smoothie consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, leaving space for the toppings, then line up the granola or muesli, fruit, chia seeds and coconut on the top.
- Decorate with mint leaves and, if you like extra sweetness, drizzle with a little maple syrup.
Recipe courtesy of The Midlife Kitchen by Mimi Spencer & Sam Rice, photography by Issy Crocker (Mitchell Beazley, £25)