This super healthy mushroom salad is great alone for work lunches, or delicious as a dinner seved with a slice of hot bread drizzled with olive oil.
- 700g of 3 different kinds of mushroom: 300g of chestnut, 300g of button and 100g of chanterelle mushrooms
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds, white or mixed
- 4–6 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp of pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 4 tbsp of finely chopped parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 6 small vine tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small avocado, cut into cubes
- ½ a red onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 heart of palm, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 grilled artichokes, finely chopped (optional)
Prepare the mushrooms – clean them, then cut any large mushrooms into quarters, leaving the smaller chanterelles whole.
Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the sesame seeds. Lightly toast them in the pan – use a lid as they tend to pop and jump around – then set aside.
Mix the mushrooms with the olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and salt. Leave to marinate for five minutes.
Add the parsley and garlic to the mushrooms and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and lastly the toasted sesame seeds. Mix a final time, garnish with a little extra parsley and serve straight away.
Recipe courtesy of Cook Yourself Happy by Caroline Fleming (Jacqui Small, £25)