Serves 2 – 4
This recipe is ideal as a light snack or an informal dessert. The sweetness of the figs makes them the perfect accompaniment to the salty, creamy whipped feta, while the wholesome sunflower seed bread balances out the richer flavours.
- 125g of feta
- 75g of Greek yogurt
- 4 slices of sunflower seed bread (or rye bread)
- 4 ripe figs, sliced
- 2 tbsp of pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp of pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp of runny honey
1. Using an electric mixer, whisk the feta until smooth, then stir in the Greek yogurt to combine.
2. Toast the sunflower seed bread, then spread each slice with the whipped feta.
3. Top with the figs and the pomegranate seeds and finish with a scattering of pistachios and a drizzle of honey.
Recipes taken from The Goodness of Nuts and Seeds by Natalie Seldon, photography by Faith Mason (Kyle Books, £6.49)