This delicious, healthy dish is great for brunch, lunch or dinner. It's easy to make and a chance to use up any leftover veggies.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 100g of brussels sprouts
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced, to serve
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn or chopped, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, puncture with a fork, and roast for about 30 minutes until tender but still slightly underdone. Remove from the oven and let cool. Once cooled, cut into one-inch cubes; set aside.
3. In a large pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions and peppers and cook for about five minutes until soft. Add the diced sweet potatoes and bean sprouts and some salt and pepper; continue to cook for ten to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are cooked through. Turn the heat to low and stir in the spinach and lemon juice.
4. In a different pan heat one tablespoon of olive oil over a medium-high heat and fry the eggs until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny. Spoon the hash onto four plates and top each serving with a fried egg. Garnish with basil and serve with sliced avocado.
Recipe courtesy of Ali Alt, Founder of Baliboosta.com