This is a beautiful and vibrant soup that will boost your vegetable intake for the day. This recipe serves four or giving you four meals ready for the week as the soup will last a few days in the fridge. It's safe to reheat and also freezes well.
- 1 tsp of coconut or olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 300g of frozen peas
- 3 medium courgettes (about 500g), grated
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- Small handful of mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- Salt and black pepper
- Crème fraîche or yoghurt, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion over a medium heat for thrree to four minutes until translucent.
2. Add the garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for a further minute before adding the peas, grated courgettes and stock.
3. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for ten minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before transferring all the mixture to a blender. Blitz until smooth then add the mint leaves and blitz again.
5. Return to the pan and taste and adjust the seasoning.
6. Serve with some extra mint leaves, a swirl of crème fraîche or yoghurt and some freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe from Re-Nourish: A Simple Way to Eat Well by Rhiannon Lambert (Yellow Kite, £18.99)