- 250g of ricotta
- 25g of grated parmesan, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp of milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- A handful of basil leaves
- 120g of mozzarella, roughly chopped
- 120g of pane carasau (from your local Italian deli)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Combine the ricotta, Parmesan and milk, seasoning with some salt and pepper, and mix until creamy.
- Line an ovenproof dish with a little of the tomato sauce. Top with a piece of pane carasau, followed by another layer of tomato sauce, then a layer of the ricotta mixture. Scatter over a few basil leaves and some of the mozzarella.
- Continue making layers like this, until you finish all the ingredients up, ending with a final layer of tomato sauce, scattered with some mozzarella and topped with a sprinkling of grated parmesan. Bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to high. Once baked, place the lasagne under the hot grill for about three minutes, until golden brown and bubbling.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.