- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 500g of frozen Jus-Rol puff pastry, thawed
- Plain flour, for rolling
- 100g of tomato chutney
- 75g of Manchego cheese, grated
- 12 thin chorizo slices, torn in half
- 2 tbsp of pine nuts
- 90g of rocket
- 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the onion and peppers for 10-15 minutes until very soft and golden.
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 36cm x 30cm rectangle and cut into six 18cm x 10cm rectangles. Transfer to two large baking sheets. Stir the chutney into the caramelised pepper mixture and spread over the pastry. Top with the cheese, chorizo and pine nuts and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Toss the rocket with the balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil and scatter over the tarts to serve.
- Cook’s tip: For a meat-free version, substitute the chorizo for semi-dried tomatoes. You can also make smaller tartlets for party nibbles – only cook for 10-15 minutes.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.