- 2 salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tsp of rapeseed oil
- 125g of black rice
- 250ml of water
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 blood oranges
- 120g of baby kale
- 200g of pomegranate seeds
- Small bunch spring onions
- Handful walnuts, roughly chopped
- Dried chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Put the black rice, water and salt in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 40 mins until rice is cooked. Drain.
- Stir fry the baby kale with a little rapeseed oil for 2 mins.
- Slice the green onions into very thin slivers, then segment the oranges. Reserve any juice.
- Put the rice, kale, pomegranate seeds, spring onions and chopped walnuts into a bowl and combine. Stir in any reserved orange juice.
- Put the rapeseed oil in a nonstick frying pan and turn heat to medium-high. Reduce heat, season the salmon and add to pan. Cook for 5-6 mins.
- Gently flip the fillets and cook until the flesh is nicely coloured, about 1-2 mins longer.
- Divide the salad between two plates and scatter with the blood orange segments.
- Top with salmon and drizzle a sauce of your choice over the top. Sprinkle with chilli flakes and serve.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.