- 225g of self-raising flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 225g of Stork With Butter
- 225g of golden caster sugar
- 4 large free range eggs
- 1 lemon, juice and grated zest
- 200g of soft cheese
- 2 tbsp of icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 100g of lemon curd
- Grease and line the bases of 2 x 20cm cake tins. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4.
- Place the flour, baking powder, Stork, sugar, eggs and lemon juice and zest in a large bowl, and whisk for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mixture equally between the tins, and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and just firm. Leave to cool in the tins for a few minutes, then turn out and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl beat together the soft cheese, icing sugar and milk until soft enough to spread. Gently ripple this mixture through the lemon curd.
- Using a bread knife, cut the cake in half horizontally to give 4 layers. Use the lemon curd mixture to sandwich the cakes together into a tall stack. Dust lightly with icing sugar to serve.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.