- ¾ cup gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup of raw pistachio
- ½ cup of buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- ½ cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1 tin of coconut cream
- 1.5 bars of 85% Green & Black chocolate
- ½ tsp of ground cardamom
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Raw coconut chips, toasted in a 180°C oven for 2.5 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Make the crust first, place all the dry ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and blend until forms a ball (will be quite soft).
- Pour into a nine-inch loose bottomed flan tin and press to cover the base and up the sides.
- Cook in the oven for six mins then allow to cool.
- Meanwhile make the filling, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of water.
- In a blender add the coconut cream, cardamon powder, salt and maple syrup, mix well then add the melted chocolate.
- Pour into the cooled pastry crust, being careful not to let it overflow the edges and place in the fridge for two to three hours.
- Meanwhile roast the coconut chips in the oven for two and a half mins.
- Take out of the fridge and remove from the flan case, then serve on a platter.
- Sprinkle with your coconut chips and serve.
- Tip: if you are struggling to remove it from the flan case because the coconut oil in the pastry has set solid, remove from the fridge 15 mins before serving allowing the oil to melt slightly.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.