- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- Spray oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 13g fresh coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 40g of black pitted olives, sliced
- ½ x 325g can of sweetcorn, drained, or 125g of frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 150g of chickpea or gram flour
- 180ml of almond milk
- 100ml of dairy-free coconut yogurt
- 13g of fresh coriander, leaves picked, half chopped, half left whole
- 13g of fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves picked, roughly chopped
- ½ a cucumber, diced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned or grated
- Juice 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped, to garnish
- Put the grated carrots and sweet potato into a mixing bowl. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan, spray with oil and cook the onion for six to eight minutes over a medium heat until soft. Add the grated vegetables, ground coriander, turmeric, cumin, coriander stalks, chilli and garlic, and cook, stirring, for two min until slightly softened.
- Put the mixture into a bowl with the olives and sweetcorn. Add the lime zest and juice, flour and coriander leaves, and season with black pepper. Add the almond milk and mix thoroughly.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Divide the fritter mixture into 12. Shape each portion in the palm of your hand, then add the fritters, in batches, to the hot frying pan and flatten with the back of a spatula. Cook for three minutes, then turn and cook for three minutes more. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Continue until you have made all 12 fritters.
- For the salsa, mix together the chopped coriander, half the parsley, the cucumber, spring onions, julienned or grated carrot and lime juice in a bowl. Stir the remaining parsley through the dairy-free yogurt, then serve the fritters with the salsa on the side, garnished with the whole coriander leaves and chilli, with a dollop of the yogurt mix, and extra lime wedges to squeeze over.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.