- 75ml of sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 250g of plain flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 175g of caster sugar
- 250ml of Alpro Soya Original
- Juice and grated zest 1 lemon
- 50g of Pure Dairy Free Sunflower spread
- 50g of icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Grease a 12.5cm x 23cm (900g) loaf tin with a little oil and line the base with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- Whisk the oil, Alpro Soya, lemon juice and half the lemon zest together, then fold the mixture into the dry ingredients to make a smooth batter. Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes then turn out onto a wire rack, remove the paper and leave to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the spread and icing sugar together until smooth. Reserve a pinch of lemon zest, then fold the remainder into the frosting and spread over the top of the cake. Finish with a sprinkling of lemon zest on top and serve.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.