- 150g of linguine
- 230g of British Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and bashed
- 30g of finely grated pecorino romano
- Handful chopped flat leaf parsley
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the linguine, cook for seven minutes, then add the asparagus and simmer for two more minutes. Scoop out a large cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and asparagus. Meanwhile, whisk together the lemon zest, juice and oil with the bashed garlic clove in a small bowl.
- Tip the drained pasta and asparagus back into the pan with the pecorino, parsley, lemon-oil mixture and a good glug of the cooking water. Toss together, discard the garlic, and season. Serve immediately.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.