- 1 x 240g pack of smoked mackerel
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes (350g), finely chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of coriander, leaves finely chopped
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First peel the skin off the mackerel, scrape away any dark brown flesh, then flake into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the pepper, tomato, onion and mango, drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and black pepper, scatter over the chopped herbs and squeeze over the lemon juice. Give the ingredients a good mix until everything is combined and serve piled onto a plate with buttered crusty bread.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.