- 12 muffin cases
- 1 and ½ cups of gluten-free flour
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup ground hazelnuts
- 1 scoop (37g) Chocolate Vega® Clean* Protein
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 and ½ cups plant-based alternative to yogurt
- ½ cup of plant-based drink (e.g. almond unsweetened)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp apple sauce
- 100ml melted coconut oil
- 60ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 30g of roughly chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ground hazelnuts, cinnamon, Chocolate Vega® Clean* Protein and cocoa powder.
- In a jug, blend together the mashed banana, plant-based alternative to yogurt, coconut oil, maple syrup, apple sauce, plant-based drink and vanilla bean paste.
- With a wooden spoon, fold the wet ingredients into the dry in as few movements as possible.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases, sprinkle the top of each muffin with a little of the buckwheat and chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes or until cooked through and risen.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.