Camilla Hewitt, MUA, Hair Stylist & Beauty Writer
Known for her signature, sultry make-up paired with soft, dewy skin, Camilla is our go-to for a look that’s subtle, but seriously sophisticated…
1. I’m cheating a bit with this one but great skin will make your wedding day make-up a doddle, so I recommend having a facial once a month for three months in advance of the big day. The fashion world’s favourite facialist, Teresa Tarmey, is responsible for some of most radiant skin on the red carpet and I can’t recommend booking in with her enough.
2. Becca’s First Light Priming Filter Instant Complexion Refresh instantly hydrates skin for a healthy-looking glow and gives your make-up serious staying power.
3. Tom Ford’s Eyeshadow Quads make for the perfect wedding day palettes. Look to ‘Nude Dip’, ‘Cocoa Mirage’ and ‘Orchid Haze.’ Whether you're looking for bronze, taupe or blush shades, Tom Ford have created the prettiest combinations of pigments.
4. Diorshow Black Out Waterproof Mascara is a must for wedding days as it creates captivating lashes without the risk of running down your cheeks during the speeches. I swear by it.
5. Tom Ford’s Lip Colour in Spanish Pink is a soft, romantic hue that’s perfect for that first kiss as husband and wife! It’s also incredibly neutral and suits-all and doesn’t drain the complexion of any colour.
Hannah Martin, Celebrity Make-Up Artist & Former UK Pro & Artistry Manager for Bobbi Brown
Having performed more bridal make-up duties for more high-profile weddings than we can count (think mega royalty), there’s nothing Hannah doesn’t know when it comes to perfecting faces for the big day…
1. Clinique’s Pep Start lip balm and Tropic’s lip fudge are essential. Lips have got to be in great condition and entirely kissable on your wedding day. Keeping lips hydrated and soft is imperative. Lipstick alone doesn’t revive dry lips or tired lip colour so I spend a lot of time hydrating my brides’ lips on the morning of the wedding and insist they carry lip balm with them for touch ups. It’s best to remove any leftover lip product with some tissue, reapply lip balm and then lipstick, so lips feel comfortable, look great and are photo ready.
2. Hourglass’ Translucent Powder is finely milled and excellent for mattifying the skin and fixing make-up in place without making the base look heavy or cakey. To be camera ready, brides need to eliminate shine from areas of the face that could translate as wet or sweaty in photographs. I apply the hourglass translucent loose powder through the t-zone with a velour puff, then with a brush, apply to the tops of the eyebrows, bridge of the nose, around the nose and chin.
3. I swear by Delilah’s Ebony Gel Line. This super soft, super black liner is so smooth and easy to apply, it doesn’t drag along the lash line and buffs out beautifully if you want a more smokey liner look. I use it to tight line with all my brides to make their lash line look stronger and more defined and it doesn’t smudge or crease.
4. Max Factor’s Masterpiece Waterproof Mascara is key for anyone worried about their emotions getting the better of them on their big day. Not only does waterproof mascara withstand those glistening tears as the vows are said, it lasts and doesn’t drop for the entire day so there’s no risk of panda eyes.
5. Bobbi Brown’s Blush In Pale Pink is a mainstay in my kit. I’ve always loved a bride with a soft pink flushed cheek. To achieve this signature look of mine, I sweep this generously over cheeks. It looks super bright in the pan but just a little over the apple of the cheeks helps to make any bride – of any skin tone – look fresh and healthy. Sometimes peachier-coloured blush can translate as quite brown in photographs, so I usually avoid those tones in favour of the pink to ensure my brides look their radiant best.
6. I am cheating here by adding in one more, but I have to add I always use long wear cream shadows to create my bridal eye looks. They last all day, don’t crease and you can layer powder shadows on top easily. My all-time favourite is En Taupe by Beauty Pie. It’s great on its own or with shadow on top.
Ashunta Sheriff, Celebrity MUA, Educator & Brand Creator
Ashunta has painted many famous faces and is well-versed in wedding day make-up, not least because she’s currently prepping for her own…
1. Melanie Mills Hollywood Gleam Setting Spray is always in my kit when it comes to doing wedding day looks. This spray locks down tattoo make-up, so you can imagine that using it for bridal make-up is a breeze. It keeps everything from sliding around and lends a beautiful radiance to the skin.
2. Urban Decay’s 24/7 Waterproof Liner is my favourite as it stays on through tears with no smudging or smears and it doesn’t fall into any creases either – seriously, it’s genius.
3. Melanie Mills Hollywood Gleam Body Radiance comes in multiple, glowing tones. I use it all over so that the skin has a gorgeous radiance without the worry of any make-up transference onto your dress.
4. HydraFacial, from £90 at SKNCLINICS. While it’s not a product, this facial is a new technology on the market. I suggest every bride and groom get one a day before the big day. It removes dead skin and unclogs pores, plus treatment can be targeted specifically to areas with targeted serums for hyperpigmentation and anti-ageing. It’s a facial with no down time and minimal evasiveness in terms of extractions. Skin looks gorgeous with make-up on afterwards too – it glides on so easily.
5. Ashunta Sheriff Beauty Matte Foundation Stick has a finish that goes on smooth and creamy and stays firmly in place throughout the course of the day. It evens out all imperfections and any uneven tone and it’s also available in 16 suits-all shades, so it’s wearable for all. I’d use a primer beforehand too for extra longevity and to ensure there is no slip throughout the day.
Lisa Potter-Dixon, Head Make-Up Artist For Benefit & SL’s Beauty Insider
Lisa is one of the most sought-after MUA’s in the beauty business, and what she doesn’t know about make-up, isn’t worth knowing. She’s also our go-to for experimenting with products in a glossy, wearable way…
1. BECCA’s Back Light Primer is my favourite for creating a soft-focus highlighter to wear underneath your foundation. It also helps to make sure your make-up stays put, without any piling or stickiness. It’s essential for your big day.
2. Benefit’s Precisely My Brow Pencil is definitely in my top five, because let’s be honest, a girls got to have great brows on her wedding day and this creates fool-proof precision with no smudging or grey residue.
3. Chanel’s Tan De Soleil bronzer has a beautiful, creamy consistency that doesn’t budge. It gives a really healthy, radiant glow to the skin that’s believable and you can build it at will thanks to its smooth texture.
4. Fenty Gloss Bomb is a high-shine gloss with zero stick – ideal for the first kiss at the altar, but also just for adding subtle sheen where your face catches the light the most. It’s always in my kit.
5. Glossier Play Glitter Gelée is my new favourite find. Chuck a bit of this on for the evening party to add a touch of sparkle to your look. It’s the easiest way to amp things up without going overboard, and you can just dab it on gently with your ring finger.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.