- 2 aubergines
- 2 tbsp of cooking salt
- 250g of quinoa (use 3-colour if you can find it)
- 2 tbsp of pine nuts
- 100g of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp of chopped chives
- 1 tbsp of chopped parsley leaves
- 150g of feta cheese, crumbled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Cut the aubergines lengthways into 1.5cm-thick strips and lay on a plate. Sprinkle with the salt and leave for 15 minutes. When drops of moisture appear on the cut surfaces of the aubergines, rinse well under cold water and pat dry.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on a baking tray and wipe the cut surfaces of the aubergines with the oil before arranging the slices in rows. Cover with foil and place in the oven for ten minutes. Remove the foil and continue to cook until tender for a further ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the quinoa into a measuring jug and make a note of its volume. Place the quinoa in a pan with twice its volume of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for eight minutes or until just tender. Drain and place in a bowl with the pine nuts, tomatoes, chives, parsley and feta, then season well.
- When the aubergine slices are soft and beginning to turn golden brown, remove them from the oven and spread 1 tbsp of the quinoa mixture on the top of each slice. Return to the oven and cook for a further ten minutes. Serve hot with a sprinkling of coriander.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.