- 1 tbsp of rapeseed or other flavourless oil
- 280g of sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 spring onions, green leaves only, sliced
- 1 tbsp of grated root ginger
- 200ml of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Pinch of vegetable stock powder (optional)
- 6 water chestnuts, sliced
- Juice and finely grated zest of ½ lime
- 150g of raw tiger prawns (jumbo shrimp)
- 1 head of pak choi, sliced
- 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves, plus more to serve
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soy sauce, to taste
- 150g of rice noodles, cooked according to the packet instructions
- Warm a little oil in a large wok, add the sweet potato and cook until soft and beginning to brown. Throw in the spring onion tops and ginger, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour the coconut milk and the same amount of water into the wok, then add the fish sauce and lime leaves. Bring the liquid to a gentle boil. Add the stock powder, if using, and stir well before adding the water chestnuts, lime zest, prawns and pak choi. Cook the laksa for 5 minutes.
- Finish the laksa by adding the coriander and lime juice, tasting as you go. Adjust the seasoning and add a little soy sauce if you need extra flavour. Place a swirl of noodles in each of 4 bowls, pour over the laksa, and finish with a few chopped coriander leaves.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.